Tears of the King
====== Created Using Wizards of the Coast D&D Character Builder ====== Randvér Stál-skáld, level 3 Human, Battlemind Build: Quick Battlemind Psionic Study: Speed of Thought FINAL ABILITY SCORES Str 10, Con 20, Dex 10, Int 8, Wis 11, Cha 14. STARTING ABILITY SCORES Str 10, Con 18, Dex 10, Int 8, Wis 11, Cha 14. AC: 11 Fort: 17 Reflex: 12 Will: 16 HP: 52 Surges: 14 Surge Value: 13 TRAINED SKILLS Bluff +8, Intimidate +8, Endurance +11, Diplomacy +8 UNTRAINED SKILLS Acrobatics +1, Arcana, Dungeoneering +1, Heal +1, History, Insight +1, Nature +1, Perception +1, Religion, Stealth +1, Streetwise +3, Thievery +1, Athletics +1 FEATS Human: Toughness Level 1: Improved Speed of Thought Level 2: Pursuing Step POWERS Battlemind at-will 1: Twisted Eye Battlemind at-will 1: Demon Dance Bonus At-Will Power: Whirling Defense Battlemind daily 1: Allies to Enemies Battlemind utility 2: Feather Step Battlemind at-will 3: Visions of Terror ITEMS Broadsword ====== Copy to Clipboard and Press the Import Button on the Summary Tab ======
- Who were your parents?
- Were both of them heroes? Just One? Neither?
Well, my mother was a kitchen skull that hooked up with the wrong warrior. I got a lot of help from uncle Byrnjolf when I was young, but he died in battle whe I was 9.
- Do you have brothers or sisters?
- Are they heroes as well? Some? None?
I have two half sisters and an older step brother. I haven’t been back since the death of my mother, but they are probably still in the same situation.
- What socioeconomic status does/did your family enjoy?
- Did your family keep servants?
My family ARE servants. Look, I don’t really talk about this much. The masters from the south I studied with are more of a family to me than those idiots.
- Do you remember any battles?
- If so, did you know someone who was wounded? Mortally?
You’re kidding me. War is my profession.
- Was religion a large component of your upbringing?
- If so, what is your family’s patron deity?
Give me a break.
- What is your fondest memory from childhood?
My fondest memory was when I walked out of the gate of my home town and never looked back. Perhaps seconded by when I first chose my own name.
- Are you still close with your family?
- Would they quarter you during a crisis?
No and no.
- When was your coming-of-age?
- What was required of you during the rites of passage?
- What was the most challenging part?
My rite of passage was about two years after Byrnjolf died. My step father and step brother gave me the “quest” to steal the takings from the Tyr’s-day night gambling session. They thought that since I was 11, I would not be suspect. Plus, they threatened to harm my mother if I did not go along.
I was supposed to go on Wotan’s-morn when the most gold would be in the strongbox. The tough part was slipping past the tables and into the back room while the guard who was supposed to be there was in the storeroom with a whore.
Unfortunately, the “intelligence” of my step father was low as usual because the takings were (sensibly) brought in to the keep right after last table closed. The box was not even locked and had a bag with 30sp in it.
Also, the guard must have been a, ah, minuteman, if you know what I mean, because he came back and caught me. He and his pals manacled my hands together and sat me in a chair at their breakfast table. The real trouble started when he let me know that he was probably my sisters’ father. Then he implied that he might just be my father.
The fat idiot did all this while standing in front of me with a carving knife sitting at hand. I looked straight into his eyes, and he didn’t even know what happened until I slid the knife into his guts. The fool died a week later. He didn’t even look like me.
The Thing, of course wanted to hang me, but there was some political issue because of my relationship to Byrnjolf. They banished me instead. As if an 11-year old was going to survive outside the walls. But that is another story.
- Have you fought in any battles?
- Were you wounded? Physically? Psychologically?
No and no.
- Have you ever fallen in love?
- If so, who was your first lover?
- Do you have children?
No and no. But I’m no virgin, either.
- What would you say regarding your schooling?
- Have you extensively studied History? Arcana? Religion?
- Have you received formal training in any vocation?
I have studied not getting killed by other assholes and I have graduate degrees in slaughtering fools. I spent a lot of time studying the martial art with the southern masters.
- What makes you happy?
Happiness is a highly defensible strongpoint with good kill zones.
- What do you wish you could have more of: combat, gold, lovers, knowledge?
Knowledge of battle can get me all of the above, but gold will do in a pinch. I’d settle for an end to this conversation, eh?
- When you received the Prince’s invitation to the games, what was the first thought that crossed your mind? (See the first post in the adventure log if you’re confused)
I thought “Here’s a chance for a little practice, plus I got bills to pay” but also “Why me? I’m the best, but I keep a low profile for a reason.”
- Do you plan on competing? In what?
What pays, and who can give me a real challenge?
- If you do not plan on competing, why are you going?
- Do you have any scars, tattoos, birthmarks?
Battle scars, plus the big scar on my forearm where I sliced off the brand.
- What is your hair color?
- What is your hair style?
Light Brown, Plaited in the old style.
- What is your eye color?
- What is your body style and build?
- Do you exercise often?
I practice every day. I am tall and lanky, not musclebound
- What types of clothes do you wear?
- Do you favor a color?
I favor a warm and practical pull over and pants under my furs. I keep my furs arranged so they are easy to cast off if necessary. The sothern masters showed me the value of loose clothing. Also, I wear their less restrictive shoes with woolen socks rather than boots. I like black and silver, but not flashy. I don’t like to draw unwanted attention.
- What is your greatest pet peeve?
Someone wasting my time.
- How would you react if you were forced to take the life of an innocent?
I sleep at night. Fools die. I would not want to kill someone I respect.
- Would you rather sleep on the ground or on a soiled bed?
- Would you steal food if you were starving?
- Would you steal food for another if they were starving?
Whats in it for me?
- If you see two people fighting, do you intervene?
- If one pulls a weapon?
Whats in it for me?
- Do you drink alcohol?
- How often?
- To excess?
Sometimes. I don’t like to lose control.